As healthcare providers and members of the community, Palliative Medicine Consultants holds the safety and trust of the patients we serve, their families, and our staff as our highest priority.
In light of the confirmed cases of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Maryland, we remain committed to following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Federal, State, and local Health Departments to ensure we are taking comprehensive and appropriate actions when needed.
COVID-19 causes a respiratory illness that tends to be more severe in elders with multiple and severe chronic conditions.
We request that you follow the CDC guidelines to protect your health and those around you. To do so:
- Wash your hands frequently for about 20 seconds with soap and water. Although there is a shortage of alcohol base hand sanitizers in store, please remember that SOAP and WATER is still THE BEST DEFENSE to the virus.
- Cough or sneeze on your elbow or tissue, not your hands (dispose of the tissue afterwards and wash your hands)
- Do not touch your mouth, nose or eyes.
- Avoid crowded places
- Stay home if you are sick
- If you have symptoms like fever, cough or shortness of breath, seek medical attention but call your primary physician first.
- Stay informed of the latest information.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily
The CDC has published a website with the latest information. You can visit at:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html and you can always reach out to our office if you have any questions.
Palliative Medicine Consultants